The Patriot Tour
The Patriot Tour™
The Patriot Tour is a registered trademark and solely owned by the Nation of Patriots, Inc.
WHAT IT IS: Passing of one American Flag across the 48 continental states, 14,500 miles, over 110 days. The flag is traditionally transported on the back of a motorcycle. The Patriot Tour begins and ends in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin and was created to honor ALL military: enlisted, veterans, military families and the fallen while calling attention to and raising financial support for disabled veterans and their families.
It is officially and correctly named the “PATRIOT TOUR™”
Please refer to it, especially in traditional media and via social media in its above and official capacity only.
WHAT IT IS NOT: This is not the Nation of Patriot’s Tour, The Harley Tour, the Flag Passing Tour, The Patriot’s Flag Tour, the Flag of Patriots Tour, The honor flight, the moving Flag or anything else.
Patriot Tour Guidelines
- It is your responsibility to connect and coordinate with the group you are receiving the Flag from and the group you will be delivering the Flag to.
- By default, the group delivering the Flag has the lead in suggesting the delivery/arrival time at the receiving group’s location
***We expect common sense to prevail and that ALL parties will be mindful of the requests and respectful in the way that they work with each neighboring group. Aggressive or disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated and may be grounds for the offending location’s removal from the Tour schedule***
- All participating locations must designate a Flag Bearer and a main point of contact. These can be the same individual.
- The Flag must be handled in strict adherence to the United States Flag Code:
- The easiest way to coordinate your public relations and media efforts is through our team at Botham, INK. Please refer to contact information in the sidebar.
Fundraising & Donations
Fundraising and Donation
100% of all donations received go to disabled veterans struggling to support their families. We send donations out in the form of grant checks made out to the veteran or to their bill collectors. These grants ease financial stress so these families can find some relief and focus on improving their lives.
As a 501(c)3 we must have a set of criteria through which we work to select the candidates we’re able to help:
- Veteran must have been honorably discharged
- Veteran must have minimum one legal dependent (child)
- Veteran must be service-connected to the V.A. Hospital Network
- Veteran must have been physically or mentally injured during active duty service during one of the following conflicts:
- Operation Desert Storm
- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation New Dawn – to present
- The NoP is able to assist Vietnam-era veterans on a case-by-case basis
ALL candidates must complete and return the Financial Assistance Application and Eligibility Criteria. These forms are available at www.nationofpatriots.com/representatives-corner.
What Forms of Payments Are Accepted?
The Nation of Patriots can accept a variety of payment forms to make it easier for you to raise donations in your area.
We currently accept:
- Cash deposits
- Personal or business checks
- Credit card payments through PayPal
How Should I Raise Money?
We have many locations that raise money during, before and after the Patriot Tour passes through their area. We encourage this and will support your efforts. There are a variety of ways to fundraise for the NoP and we are open to your ideas. Some examples of what others are doing:
- Silent auctions
- Poker runs
- Golf outings
- Donation boxes
- Asking for voluntary donations from each rider who participates in any part of the Patriot Tour
What Should I do with the donations I raise?
There are several different ways your group can send in the donations you raise: Direct deposit, mail to our bank or online.
What Does the NoP Do with Donations
- We track every donation by state and location
- We work with VA hospitals, American Legions, VFWs, other non-profits and many more veteran-associated groups to find, vet and help the military families we support.
- Our goal is to raise as much money as possible every calendar year and give it all away by December 31. Funds that we are not able to give out, get rolled over and dispersed throughout the next calendar year.
- We do NOT track your donations into the next calendar year. If a veteran need within your community arises, please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to assist.
Patriot Tour Challenge
Patriot Tour Challenge
We allocate donations all across the country from the monies generated over any given year. WE CHALLENGE YOU to raise over $1,000 in donations. If you meet this challenge we will work with you to identify, vet and select an injured veteran and his or her family (or families). Every single dollar you raised will be given to them.
This brings everything we do full circle. You lead your community to meeting this goal on behalf of this cause and then you get to put every single penny directly into the hands of a special military family in your area that needs financial support.
You may run into a situation where you need to present a special form for fundraising purposes, event permits, etc. Here is a list of frequently requested items:
- IRS Form W-9
- IRS Income Tax Form – 990 Long Form
- IRS 501(c)3 Confirmation Letter
- Articles of Incorporation
- Donation Receipt Forms
- Patriot Tour – Rider Release Form
- Donation Criteria
- Veteran Grant Request Application
If there’s something you need that you cannot locate online, please send a request via email.
You are responsible for finding candidates in your area before December 31 in the given year. The NoP has a vast network of connections and can assist with this effort.
All grant applicants MUST complete the Veteran Grant Request Application form. The form is turned in to the NoP for board review and final approval. Grants will not be provided without board approval.
A good place to start your search is with local VA Hospitals and offices, American Legions, VFW’s, Combat Veteran Associations and many other veteran-focused and recognized groups around the country. If you’re with a Harley Owner’s Group through a local HD dealership, try asking some of the members if they know of anyone in the community who may need assistance (so long as they fit the Nation of Patriots criteria).
The NoP also works with veteran foundations and other partners that are constantly in need of help with veterans and military families. We can work with them to find a candidate in your area.
HELP! I Can’t Find a Candidate
Depending on your location, it may be somewhat challenging to find a candidate. Finding a candidate can take persistence, resources and time. We understand that you’re busy with a million other things and this might be more daunting than originally anticipated.
Veteran Family Sponsorship
If all options have been exhausted and we can’t locate anyone in your area, there are other options.
We can locate a veteran family for your group to sponsor. While the family may not be local or even in your state, our program will apply every single dollar that your group raised to helping them. We will even connect you to the family so you can share photos and letters.
We use a registry system through companies like Amazon; Walmart; Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc.
We ask the family to select what they need in a private registry
We give you access to the registry
Your group selects as many items as possible given the total you raised
When you’ve finished, we apply payment and the goods get shipped straight to the veteran
Rep | working with the media
Working with the Media
The Botham, INK. team will work with local media in the geographic reach of each Tour stop to promote the Patriot Tour. The Botham team will handle press release distribution, outreach and follow ups with all media surrounding the Tour.
If you have relationships with the local media please notify the Botham, INK. team to avoid any redundant outreach. It is crucial that the messaging that is shared with any media is both authentic and consistent to the NoP brand. To ensure consistency of brand messaging, please refer to the Press Release template and Talking Points when in contact with media.
In the event that you experience malpractice, abuse in any form, malicious intent or any form of behavior that you feel is destructive or may result in a negative impact to the NoP or the Patriot Tour, we ask that you report it immediately
Escalation procedures are as follows:
- Document the behavior or event in writing
- Send the written explanation via email to your associated Regional Commander
- If you do not have a Regional Commander in your area or you have an issue with your current Regional Commander, go to the Contact Us page of the NoP’s website and put “Reporting Abuse” in the subject line. Include your write-up in the content field and submit it to the national organizers. Our team will respond within 24 hours.