- It is your responsibility to connect and coordinate with the group you are receiving the Flag from and the group you will be delivering the Flag to.
- By default, the group delivering the Flag has the lead in suggesting the delivery/arrival time at the receiving group’s location
***We expect common sense to prevail and that ALL parties will be mindful of the requests and respectful in the way that they work with each neighboring group. Aggressive or disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated and may be grounds for the offending location’s removal from the Tour schedule***
- All participating locations must designate a Flag Bearer and a main point of contact. These can be the same individual.
- The Flag must be handled in strict adherence to the United States Flag Code:
FUNDRAISING AND DONATIONS
100% of all donations received go to disabled veterans struggling to support their families. We send donations out in the form of grant checks made out to the veteran or to their bill collectors. These grants ease financial stress so these families can find some relief and focus on improving their lives.
As a 501(c)3 we must have a set of criteria through which we work to select the candidates we’re able to help:
- Veteran must have been honorably discharged
- Veteran must have minimum one legal dependent
- Veteran must have a VA disability rating of 50% or more
ALL candidates must complete and return the Financial Assistance Application and Eligibility Criteria.
What Forms of Payments Are Accepted?
The Nation of PatriotsTM can accept a variety of payment forms to make it easier for you to raise donations in your area.
We currently accept:
- Cash deposits
- Personal or business checks
- Credit card payments through PayPal
How Should I Raise Money?
We have many locations that raise money during, before and after the Patriot TourTM passes through their area. We encourage this and will support your efforts. There are a variety of ways to fundraise for the NoP and we are open to your ideas. Some examples of what others are doing:
- Silent auctions
- Poker runs
- Golf outings
- Donation boxes
- Asking for voluntary donations from each rider who participates in any part of the Patriot TourTM
What should I do with the donations I raise?
There are several different ways your group can send in the donations you raise: Direct deposit, mail to our bank or online.
What Does the NoP Do with Donations
- We track every donation by state and location
- We work with VA hospitals, American Legions, VFWs, other non-profits and many more veteran-associated groups to find, vet and help the military families we support.
- Our goal is to raise as much money as possible every calendar year and give it all away by December 31. Funds that we are not able to give out, get rolled over and dispersed throughout the next calendar year.
- We do NOT track your donations into the next calendar year. If a veteran need within your community arises, please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to assist.
We allocate donations all across the country from the monies generated over any given year. WE CHALLENGE YOU to raise over $1,000 in donations. If you meet this challenge we will work with you to identify, vet and select an injured veteran and his or her family (or families). Every single dollar you raised will be given to them.
This brings everything we do full circle. You lead your community to meeting this goal on behalf of this cause and then you get to put every single penny directly into the hands of a special military family in your area that needs financial support.
You are responsible for finding candidates in your area before December 31 in the given year. The NoP has a vast network of connections and can assist with this effort.
All grant applicants MUST complete the Financial Assistance form. The form is turned in to the NoP for board review and final approval. Grants will not be provided without board approval.
A good place to start your search is with local VA Hospitals and offices, American Legions, VFW’s, Combat Veteran Associations and many other veteran-focused and recognized groups around the country. If you’re with a Harley Owner’s Group through a local HD dealership, try asking some of the members if they know of anyone in the community who may need assistance (so long as they fit the Nation of PatriotsTM criteria).
The NoP also works with veteran foundations and other partners that are constantly in need of help with veterans and military families. We can work with them to find a candidate in your area.
HELP! I Can’t Find a Candidate
Depending on your location, it may be somewhat challenging to find a candidate. Finding a candidate can take persistence, resources and time. We understand that you’re busy with a million other things and this might be more daunting than originally anticipated.
Veteran Family Sponsorship
If all options have been exhausted and we can’t locate anyone in your area, there are other options.
We can locate a veteran family for your group to sponsor. While the family may not be local or even in your state, our program will apply every single dollar that your group raised to helping them. We will even connect you to the family so you can share photos and letters.
We use a registry system through companies like Amazon; Walmart; Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc.
We ask the family to select what they need in a private registry
We give you access to the registry
Your group selects as many items as possible given the total you raised
When you’ve finished, we apply payment and the goods get shipped straight to the veteran